Safeguarding the health of our staff and the children in our care is our highest priority. To keep children and staff safe, the BACC has put in place several precautionary measures following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines to ensure the health and safety of your child(ren) while they enjoy programming at the BACC.
Exclude children, staff, parents and guardians from sites if they are showing symptoms of COVID-19, have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, or are at high risk due to underlying health conditions.
Health Screening at Entry
Upon arrival, everyone (staff and chidren) must pass a health screening that involves checking their temperature and confirming that they have not had symptoms of COVID-19. Children or staff with a recorded temperature of 100.4 or higher, will not be permitted to provide care, or enter program that day. Fever must be gone for over 48 hours before entry back into the facility is allowed.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- All staff will be required to wear a mask while in the facility (provided by the BACC).
Reduction in group sizes including children and adults. Keep groups together throughout the day, do not combine groups (i.e., at opening and closing).
- Eliminate large group activities
- Limit the number of children in each program space
- Increase the distance between children during table work
- Plan activities that do not require close physical contact between multiple children
- Limit item sharing, and if items are being shared, remind children not to touch their faces and wash their hands after using these items
- Minimize time standing in lines
- Avoid gathering in larger groups for any reason
- Outside time and lunch should be taken with group (no large gatherings or combining groups)
Drop-off and Pick-up
- Drop-off and pick-up will take place at the front desk where families will be greeted by a staff member.
- It is suggested that parents/guardians do not enter the classrooms.
- Parent/guardians are asked to wear masks and maintain appropriate social distancing from staff at drop-off and pick-up.
- Encouraging frequent hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and require hand-washing upon arriving at the center, when entering the classroom, before meals or snacks, after outside time, after going to the bathroom, and prior to leaving for home.
- Cover coughs or sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and clean hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer (if soap and water are not readily available).
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Procedures
- Cleaning is done several times daily throughout the building in the areas of use.
- Cleaning logs are filled out by staff daily to ensure all areas are covered.
- All staff will go through new cleaning/disinfecting training before opening the center.
What to do if a child or staff member develops COVID-19 or symptoms
- An isolation area will be used to isolate a sick child/staff member.
- We will follow CDC guidance on how to disinfect the classroom and center if someone becomes sick.
- We will clean and disinfect surfaces in the isolation room or area after the sick child/staff member has gone home.
- If COVID-19 is confirmed in a child or staff member:
- Close off areas used by the person who is sick.
- Open outside doors and windows to increase air circulation in the areas.
- Wait up to 24 hours or as long as possible to allow respiratory droplets to settle before cleaning and disinfecting.
- Clean and disinfect all areas used by the person who is sick, such as offices, classrooms, bathrooms, and common areas.
- Continue routine cleaning and disinfection.
BACC Temporary Hours Of Operation
Monday – Friday: 7:30 AM – 5:30 PM (Temporary)
As always, if you have any questions, please reach out to Meghan Mensler firstname.lastname@example.org OR Jessica Bradley email@example.com